Procedure for applying for junior places for infant and junior schools.
The application process for the 2018-2019 junior intake opens on 13 November 2017. Information regarding the process and the final primary timescale is now available.
Primary admissions timescale
- Week commencing 6 November 2017 - information on application process distributed to schools.
- Monday 13 November 2017 - online and telephone application facilities open.
- From week commencing 20 November 2017 - preferences start to be recorded on the admissions system and initial information available to schools on SAM.
- Midnight Monday 15 January 2018 - closing date for submission of applications.
- By Friday 26 January 2018 - admissions and transport team send other local authorities details of Derbyshire children who have expressed preferences for their schools.
- By Friday 26 January 2018 - admissions and transport team to have received from other local authorities details of their children who have expressed preferences for Derbyshire schools.
- By Friday 2 February 2018 - admissions and transport team will have released all preference details to own admission authority schools.
- By Friday 16 February 2018 - own admission authority school rankings to be complete on SAM and confirmed to the admissions and transport team. Schools should ensure that a governors' meeting to consider preferences is scheduled in order to meet this deadline.
- By Friday 9 March 2018 - admissions and transport team to send to other local authorities potential offers of places in Derbyshire schools.
- By Friday 9 March 2018 - admissions and transport team to receive from other local authorities potential offers of places in their schools.
- By Thursday 29 March 2018 - allocation process complete. Admissions and transport team to release details of children to be offered places (subject to the receipt of information from neighbouring local authorities). This information is confidential until national offer day.
- Monday 16 April 2018 - national offer day. Decision available online and letters posted second class where appropriate.
- Monday 16 April 2018 - waiting lists for all oversubscribed schools established and administered by the admissions team.
- Wednesday 16 May 2018 - closing date for appeals (20 school days from offer day).
- May 2018 onwards - own admission authority schools to inform admissions and transport team of the outcome of appeals to the independent appeal panels. Where appeals have been successful, the admissions team will deal with any resulting movement.
- Thursday 19 July 2018 - main round of appeals to be heard by this date.
- From Wednesday 5 September 2018 - schools to notify the admissions and transport team of any pupil allocated a place who does not take up the place offered or who leaves whilst the waiting list is maintained.
- Monday 31 December 2018 - waiting lists cease to be maintained by admissions and transport team.