This free half day course is for practitioners who have little or no knowledge about domestic abuse and the support services available in Derbyshire.
- County Hall Smedley St Matlock DE4 3AG
- 19 September 2019 - 22 January 2020
The course will help you identify the different forms of domestic abuse, why it occurs and explore facts and myths, including leaving abusive relationships.
Who is it for?
The course is open to anyone from any agency in Derbyshire wishing to learn more about domestic abuse and how to refer in to local services.
This course could also act as a refresher for those who have attended domestic abuse training in the past and we suggest that this course is attended prior to attending Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) training.
We have two dates available for you to book on to:
Thursday 19 September 2019 (limited places available!)
Wednesday 22 January 2020
Both sessions run at County Hall, Matlock, and are half day courses that run from 9am to 1.30pm.
How to book
You will need an account within Derbyshire Learning Online to view course information and to book your place.
If you already have an account:
- Login to Derbyshire Learning Online with your username or email address and saved password. (DCC staff can log on with either their SAP payroll number or their email address). If you have forgotten your password, click on ‘Lost Password?’ and on the login page follow the instructions
- Using the course search function search for: Domestic Abuse Awareness Training
- If the course is right for you, then ‘Enrol’ onto the course
- You will then see a list of available events and dates
- Select your chosen event and click ‘sign-up’ to book your place
- Please ensure you fill in all mandatory fields – our courses are free so, if you are asked for a charge code, put ‘0’ and choose the most relevant learning type
- Submit your booking
- You will receive an email confirmation of your booking
- If you need to cancel or amend your booking you will need to do this via Derbyshire Learning Online
- If we need to cancel or amend your booking for any reason, we will let you know. (For example, an administrator may ask you to change sessions if we have more than our set quota of delegates from your organisation).
If you do not have a Derbyshire Learning Online account:
- To request a ‘registration key’ please email: email@example.com
- Tell us which course you are interested in and which Derbyshire organisation you are from
- If you have already requested a registration key from another training team, please create your account using that and wait for your account approval. You can then access our courses via that account
- You will receive an email detailing how to create an account, including a registration key
- Once your account has been approved, you will be able to access both community safety classroom-based courses and e-learning modules. It may take a few days for your account to be approved. You can then book on to the course as described above.
You can also find information on all our courses on the Safer Derbyshire website
If you require more information regarding course content or need further advice please email: firstname.lastname@example.org