A free course which will support secondary schools to design and plan their Relationships and RSE Curriculum in line with new statutory requirements.
- Stanton Vale School Thoresby Road Long Eaton Nottingham NG10 3NP
- 26 March 2020
New statutory guidance on relationships and sex education tells us that ‘schools should have the same high expectations of the quality of pupils’ work in these subjects as for other areas.
This course will support secondary schools to design and plan Relationships and RSE Curriculum in line with new statutory requirements to be introduced in September 2020 and Ofsted expectations regarding intent, implementation and impact of good RSE. It will include an overview of Personal Social Health Education (PSHE) with a focus on the RSE elements.
By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- Developed an understanding of the new statutory framework and what core knowledge, skills and attributes must be taught.
- Tools to review current PSHE provision and timetables.
- Explored some up to date working models of RSE / PSHE schemes from Derbyshire schools.
- Reflected on curriculum intent to meet pupil’s needs with examples of best practice, simple data and consultation processes.
- Shared good practice approaches to teaching, learning and assessment.
To book a place, please contact Rhiannon Ingram:
tel: 01629 532827