Posted on 5 July 2018
The website has been live just over a year and aims to be a one-stop-shop for carers in Derbyshire who are looking for information, advice and support.
Recently a new section has been added aimed at Young Carers and Young Adult Carers (under 25). The section has been designed and written with young people in mind and is fully mobile / tablet friendly. It features:
- Pages aimed at Young Carers of different age groups: under 11’s, 12 to 17 year olds and 18 to 25 year olds.
- Details of support services that Young Carers can access
- Information about the Young Carers Support Service provided by Derbyshire Carers Association
- Videos and stories of Young Carers explaining what their lives are like
- Advice about what to do in an emergency (covering both issues with the cared-for person and help for Young Carers who are struggling to cope)
You can find the section on the Carers in Derbyshire website
If you think the Young Carers section of the website is missing information or could be improved, please let us know. We can also supply posters and postcards to promote the website to Young Carers on request.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 531310.