Information Governance services and support.
The Information Governance team working in partnership with Children's Services offers a suite of services designed to support schools in complying with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2018, the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and in achieving best practice in Records Management.
GDPR for Schools is available to purchase either on an academic or financial year basis:
- DPO Service (a named data protection officer to inform and advise schools and employees of their obligations under the GDPR, monitor compliance with the GDPR and school policies, raise awareness, provide advice on Subject Access Requests/Privacy Impact Assessments and provide a point of contact for and co-operate with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
- Helpline (advice, guidance and sign-posting service)
- Compliance management (a compliance audit and ongoing compliance monitoring service)
- Compliance audit and report only
- Training (web based learning and face to face workshops including all-staff training and role-specific training for staff with data protection responsibilities)
- Off-site Document Storage (access to secure off-site document storage for records that schools are unable to store on their premises)
- Confidential Waste Disposal (access to third party confidential waste services)
- Records Retention (Advice, guidance and signposting service)
- Training (bespoke training available twice a year and on-demand to cover all key records management topics)
Services are available to order from the S4S website. The Education Data Hub also has its own website which contains full details of the services provided, including template policies, privacy notices, DPIAs and other useful documents.
GDPR for Schools at the Education Data Hub,
tel: 01629 532888
Records Management Storage and Training,
tel: 01629 539203