Governor support services we offer to schools and academies.
We are here to help schools recruit governors and support governors in their role by providing information, training and personalised advice.
We also offer training for governors and clerks to governors.
Who our service is for
Our service is for nursery, primary, special and secondary schools and academies.
What we offer
We assist school governors in a number of ways:
- governor strategic briefings
- briefings for chairs, headteachers and clerks to governors
- standard and customised training for governors, chairs and clerks to governors
- a governor eMagazine, available to all registered governors
- regular bulletins for chairs of governors and headteachers
- model agenda and briefing guidance
- telephone helpline
- a dedicated section for governors and clerk to governors on our website
- clerks to governors handbook and news sheet
You can also access our subscription packages on the Derbyshire Services for Schools.
For more information and other services we offer please visit the school governors section of the Derbyshire County Council website or contact us:
Governor support helpline tel: 01629 535769