Skip to main content

Advice on licensing children to work in certain types of performance or activity in England.

Legislation requires that all children from birth to the end of statutory school age are required to be licensed by the local council in which they live, to take part in entertainment or a paid activity (modelling or sport). Similarly children who undertake voluntary or paid part-time work must also be licensed by the local council.

Further information on licenses and guidance on how to become a chaperone is available from the Derbyshire County Council website.

Read guidance about children working in entertainment or employment.

Also see