Skip to main content

Statutory guidance and regular updates from your human resources (HR) department.

For traded services, please visit Derbyshire Services for Schools.

Human Resources updates and statutory guidance are available for open access through S4S. The latest updates can be reviewed on our News page.

The latest policies which can be downloaded are:

Pay and Terms and Conditions
- Teachers pay policy
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave schemes 
- Working for us booklet
- Additional bank holiday guidance

Strategic HR and Employee Relations
- Facilities agreement

Conduct and Performance
- Procedure for managing allegations against staff, carers and volunteers

Workforce Change
- Redundancy and pension

Recruitment and Single Central Record
- Single central record DBS - guidance for schools

Job Evaluation

Apprenticeships in Schools

Single Central Record (SCR) – Pre-employment checks on staff employed centrally and working in schools

Schools and academies must include staff employed centrally by Derbyshire County Council (DCC) on their SCR if they visit the school on a regular basis, or where DCC staff work regularly in school under a contract for services, for example catering, cleaning or caretaking services. In these circumstances, schools are reminded that they are not expected to carry out checks, but are required to secure confirmation from DCC that such staff have received the relevant checks. A letter on behalf of DCC that confirms the appropriate checks have been undertaken, and that staff who work in school have undertaken appropriate safeguarding training and updates needs to be attached to the SCR.

The letter is attached to this page if schools wish to use it. Please note that the date of this letter is for information only. The information remains valid until such time as it is necessary to review the content.  A new letter will not necessarily be produced each year.   

Related Content

Also see