Effective financial management ensures money is spent wisely and properly, and allows schools to optimise resources to provide high-quality teaching and learning and so raise standards and attainment for all their pupils.
Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS) Return 2020-2021
The deadline for submission of the 2020-21 Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS) return to Derbyshire Audit Services is 28 May 2021.
Approved SFVS documentation may be sent to Suzanne Kiernan via email: Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org, Perspective Lite (830AUD_) or internal mail:
Derbyshire Audit Services
The SFVS has been designed in conjunction with schools to assist them in managing their finances and to give assurance that they have secure financial management in place.
Assistance can be obtained from:
Guidance documents and documents for self-evaluation and reporting can be found on the Department for Education (DfE) website.
Education Funding Agency acceptable reasons for non-completion of the SFVS
- School has opened in this financial year
- School has closed in this financial year
- School will be closing by 1 September 2021
- School suffered fire/flood/natural disaster in this financial year
- School has been issued with an Academy order
- Schools have merged in this financial year or entered into a hard federation with a new governing body (a Federation SFVS having been submitted)
- Financial delegation has been withdrawn/suspended in this financial year
- Governing body has been suspended and so cannot complete the SFVS in this financial year.
Should any of the above reasons apply, please inform Audit Services as soon as possible via email: Suzanne.email@example.com